BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Wednesday 21 September 2016

The Bazaar of Bad Dreams: 11th - 18th September 2016

I've never been wholly taken by Stephen King's short stories.  His novellas, sure.  Some of his most affecting work, for me, has been found in his slimmer volumes.  But, while there's some good stuff in here, nothing life changing.  God, what a dick I am to be so flippant and throwaway.  But, at this stage of the proceedings, I'll have to cop to not having given the book much of my critical acumen (I know, I know, I've barely done that for any of the books). I just charged through, inhaling the stories and maybe giving each a "that was alright" or "not so bothered for that one."
My standouts were:
Premium Harmony, Bad Little Kid, Afterlife, UR (even better second time), Herman Wouk is Still Alive and Obits.
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment