BEWARE OF SPOILERS

Sunday 11 September 2016

Finders Keepers: 2nd - 11th September 2016

I dunno. It was alright. It was a page turner, but the criticisms are easy pickings. As with Mr Mercedes, the villain is way too much of a caricature. Obviously not on the same level as Brady Hartsfield, but he's cut from a similarly perverse cloth.
King's up to date references are still pretty poor. Putting Snow Patrol and cool into the same sentence is a clanging bum note.
I'd been looking forward to seeing how the relationship between the three main characters had evolved, but it was resigned to a subplot that I struggled to care too much about.
The end of the book has me looking forward to the next instalment, but the fact that End of Watch will bring me right up to date on King's work and the opportunity to go to work on my 'to read' pile, may be doing a lot of the heavy lifting on that anticipation.


Finders Keepers

No comments:

Post a Comment